[SEDANAL] Sedanal v6.87

Walter Stafford wstafford3 at walterstafford.com
Thu Dec 21 19:31:22 PST 2017

Changes in v6.87 2017-12-21
The Preprocessor once again recognizes format 1 (.mwrs) and format 2 (.MWn) multi-wavelength scan files. This functionality had been accidentally disabled in v6.86.
In the Preprocessor, the dropdown for centrifuge files has some format changes. It has been expanded, and now shows the run ID for Beckman Optima files, Intens for scan files containing intensity data. Also, the tootip on the Centrifuge window shows the complete path to the first scan file.
In the Preprocessor, the dropdown for centrifuge files was not showing entries for the sample and reference sides of intensity data produced by Beckman Optima. This has been fixed.
The Preprocessor shows the correct letter prefix for scan files (e g, B00606.IPS). This functionality had been accidentally disabled in v6.86.
On the control screen hovering over the description of datasets not in use could cause a crash. This has been fixed.
Intensity data "sample" and "reference" sectors can be treated either as independent samples to produce pseudo-absorbance data  or as sample/reference pairs to produce absorbance data. Read the section of the online help for a detailed description of how that works:

NOTE: XL-A intensity data is not recognized correctly: that will be fixed in the next version.

Dear Sedanal users:

A new beta version (v6.87) is available at
http://sedanal.org/beta/

There is also an MD5 hash file available to check that your download is valid and contains no errors.

Be sure to read the README.txt and the README_TOO.txt files as well as the Help file Change Log section.

We are trying to expunge the last few bugs before we move on to adding new features.

Currently we are making the necessary changes to allow WDA to analyze flotation data.

Stand by,
Walter

Walter Stafford
wstafford3 at walterstafford.com <mailto:wstafford3 at walterstafford.com>

Charles Darwin wrote in The Descent of Man (1871): ‘Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.’